0405-01 Temperature Logger
Example Projects > 0405 OWFS 1-Wire > 0405-01 Temperature Logger
Temperature data logger using DS18B20 1-Wire sensors
This folder contains the source files for the demonstration project on building a temperature logger with REXYGEN.
This example can be used with any platform which supports 1-Wire bus (UniPi v1.1 Monarco HAT, Pigeon PLC, etc.). Four individual 1-Wire sensors (DS18B20) are assumed.
The measured temperatures are stored in the TRND blocks which allow displaying of the trends (graphs) in REXYGEN Studio or REXYGEN Diagnostics.
The data resides in RAM memory only. If you wish to archive it on a permanent storage medium, see e.g. example 0201-23.
Timing of the project
The algorithm runs each 500 milliseconds (0.5 s). See the EXEC function block,
tick x ntick0 = 0.05 x 10 = 0.5
- REXYGEN Runtime Core must be installed and running on the device.
- Owserver (part of the OWFS package) must be installed, correctly configured and running on the device.
Running the example
- The *exec.mdl file is the project main file, open it with REXYGEN Studio.
- Specify the 64-bit ROM IDs of the attached temperature sensors. See the 1-Wire driver manual below for details.
- Compile and download the project to the target device.
- Switch to Watch mode and observe the algorithm. The displays show temperature in real time, time plots are available upon double-clicking the TRND blocks.
- You can watch any signal in real time, just select a block and pick Watch Selection in context menu (right-click the block).
User interface (HMI)
The example is accompanied by a HTML5-based user interface built on the WebBuDi framework (Web Buttons and Displays). There is also a WebWatch HMI generated directly from REXYGEN Studio.
- Open web-browser and fill in the IP address of your target device and port 8008 (e.g. 192.168.1.100:8008).
- Log in. Use the same credentials as for downloading the project (default login: admin, blank password).
- Press F1 for help on the selected function block in the REXYGEN Studio.
- Getting started with REXYGEN and UniPi board (Raspberry Pi)
- Getting started with REXYGEN and Monarco HAT (Raspberry Pi)
- Getting started with REXYGEN and Pigeon PLC (Raspberry Pi)
- OwsDrv - 1-Wire driver
- REXYGEN Studio User Guide
- Function blocks of REXYGEN
- Visit the Monarco HAT website.
- Visit the Pigeon PLC website.
- More info about the UniPi board can be found at unipi.technology.
- 1-Wire is a trademark of Maxim Integrated.
- Visit the REXYGEN webpage for more information about the example projects and developing advanced automation and control solutions using REXYGEN.