0505-10 Read 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Wireless
Example Projects > 0505 Integrating HID devices > 0505-10 Read 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Wireless
Integrating 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse
This example shows how to integrate a HID device into REXYGEN project. It is preconfigured for the 3DConnexion SpaceMouse.
To use this example you should know how a Linux input device is working.
To list the HID devices connected to the target device you can install the input-utils package and check the HID device with *input-events /dev/input/event0. It is working, when the connected HID device is the only one connected to target device.
Read the complete description of the REXLANG function block for more details.
- REXYGEN Runtime Core must be installed and running on the target device.
- Operating system of the target device must be Linux.
- The 3DConnexion SpaceMouse must be the only one HID device connected to the target device.
Running the example
- The *hid_exec.mdl file is the project main file.
- Open it with REXYGEN Studio, compile and download it to the target device.
- Switch to online mode and watch the algorithm.
- Select the TRND block and enable online monitoring (Target->Watch Selection).
- Double-click the TRND block in Watch mode to view time plots of the data.
- Press F1 for help on the selected function block in the REXYGEN Studio.
- REXLANG function block documentation
- Function blocks of REXYGEN
- REXYGEN Studio User Guide
- Complete documentation of REXYGEN
- Visit the REXYGEN webpage for more information about the example projects and developing advanced automation and control solutions using REXYGEN.