0504-01 Generic Sender Receiver
Example Projects > 0504 Generic UDP Communication > 0504-01 Generic Sender Receiver
Data exchange via UDP
This folder contains the source files for the demonstration project on data exchange via UDP communication between two machines or computers.
Both the sender and receiver stations are implemented in REXYGEN but any of them can be replaced by another device with UDP communication capabilities.
The Sender station transmits 4 signals of various types to the Receiver station. See the source *.c files to understand how the data is processed and transmitted.
The received data is recorded in the TRND block which allows displaying of the trends (graphs) in the Watch mode of REXYGEN Studio or in the REXYGEN Diagnostics diagnostic tool.
Timing of the project
The algorithm runs each 500 milliseconds (0.5 s). See the EXEC function block,
tick x ntick0 = 0.05 x 10 = 0.5
- REXYGEN Runtime Core must be installed and running on the target devices.
Running the examples
- The *exec.mdl file is the project main file.
- Open it with REXYGEN Studio.
- Specify the IP addresses in the source *.c files. The IP addresses are defined by hexadecimal numbers, e.g. 0xC0A80164 for 192.168.1.100.
- Compile and download it to the target devices.
- Switch to online mode and watch the algorithm.
- Enable online monitoring of the REXLANG block (Target->Watch Selection).
- Change the constants in the Sender station on-the-fly and check if it reaches the Receiver station.
- Press F1 for help on the selected function block in the REXYGEN Studio.
- REXLANG function block documentation
- Function blocks of REXYGEN
- REXYGEN Studio User Guide
- Complete documentation of REXYGEN
- Visit the REXYGEN webpage for more information about the example projects and developing advanced automation and control solutions using REXYGEN.