0501-01 Generic Sender Receiver
Example Projects > 0501 Generic Serial Communication RS232 RS485 UART > 0501-01 Generic Sender Receiver
Data exchange over a serial line
This folder contains the source files for the demonstration project on data exchange over a serial line between two devices.
Both the sender and receiver stations are implemented in the REXYGEN System but any of them can be replaced by arbitrary device supporting serial communication.
The Sender station transmits 4 signals of various types to the Receiver station. See the source *.c files to understand how the data is processed and transmitted.
The received data is recorded in the TRND block which allows displaying of the trends (graphs) in the Watch mode of REXYGEN Studio or in the REXYGEN Diagnostics diagnostic tool.
Timing of the project
The algorithm runs each 500 milliseconds (0.5 s). See the EXEC function block,
tick x ntick0 = 0.05 x 10 = 0.5
- REXYGEN Runtime Core must be installed and running on the target devices.
- The serial line must be available.
Running the examples
- The *exec.mdl file is the project main file.
- Open it with REXYGEN Studio.
- Edit the p0 parameter of the REXLANG function block to specify the serial communication device to use (e.g. /dev/ttyS0 in Linux or COM1 in Windows).
- Compile and download each project to the corresponding target device.
- Switch to Watch mode and observe the algorithm in real time.
- Enable monitoring of the REXLANG block (right-click it and select Monitor selection from the context menu).
- Change the constants in the Sender station on-the-fly and check if it reaches the Receiver station.
- Press F1 for help on the selected function block in the REXYGEN Studio.
- REXLANG function block documentation
- Function blocks of the REXYGEN System
- Complete documentation of the REXYGEN System
- Visit the REXYGEN webpage for more information about the example projects and developing advanced automation and control solutions using the REXYGEN System.