0303-12 Stepping Controller
Example Projects > 0303 PID Control > 0303-12 Stepping Controller
This folder contains the source files for the demonstration project on stepper motor control in REXYGEN.
The stepper motor is controlled by continuous PID controller (PIDU block) and stepping controller with velocity input (SCUV block). In this example, the motorized valve drive (MVD block) used to regulate the pipes flow is controlled.
User can change the set-point with the CNR_sp block and observe the trends of important values in the system. It is necessary to set the CNB_MAN block for manual control. After that, it is possible to control the MVD unit with MP_UP and MP_DN blocks.
Timing of the project
The algorithm runs each 100 milliseconds (0.1 s). See the EXEC function block,
tick x ntick0 = 0.05 x 2 = 0.1
- REXYGEN Runtime Core must be installed and running on the target device.
Running the example
- The exec.mdl file is the project main file.
- Open it with REXYGEN Studio.
- Check that the motor time constant (SCUV:trun parameter) is set according to valve speed (MVD:tv parameter).
- Make sure that the icotype parameter of the PIDU controller is set to 4:SCUV.
- Compile and download the project to the target device.
- Switch to Watch mode and observe the algorithm.
- Open trend diagnostic window for the block TRND_Step.
- Change the set point (CNR_sp) in interval from 0 to 1. The input to the process is shaped by pulses generated by SCUV block processed in MVD valve.
- Press F1 for help on the selected function block in the REXYGEN Studio.
- PIDU function block documentation
- SCUV function block documentation
- Function blocks of REXYGEN
- REXYGEN Studio User Guide
- Complete documentation of REXYGEN
- Visit the REXYGEN webpage for more information about the example projects and developing advanced automation and control solutions using REXYGEN.