0302-11 ESP8266 REST API
Example Projects > 0302 IoT Integrations > 0302-11 ESP8266 REST API
ESP8266 REST API example
The source files located in this folder illustrate how to inject data into a running algorithm using REST API of REXYGEN Runtime Core via WiFi operated ESP8266.
There are individual HTTP POST and HTTP GET requests for writing/reading data of all common types: double, long, Boolean and string.
Timing of the project
The REX algorithm runs each 100 milliseconds (0.1 s). See the EXEC function block,
tick x ntick0 = 0.05 x 2 = 0.1
- REXYGEN Runtime Core must be installed and running on the target device.
- The target device is assumed to have IP address 192.168.1.100.
- User admin and password mypassword is assumed on the target device. Can be specified in sketch.
Running the example
- The *exec.mdl file is the project main file.
- Open it with REXYGEN Studio.
- Compile and download it to the target device.
- Switch to Watch mode and observe the displayed values.
- Upload the sketch to ESP8266 enabled device using Arduino IDE. The values in REXYGEN algorithm will be overwritten by the values defined in the script.
- Press F1 for help on the selected function block in the REXYGEN Studio.
- Function blocks of REXYGEN
- REXYGEN Studio User Guide
- Complete documentation of REXYGEN
- Visit the REXYGEN webpage for more information about the example projects and developing advanced automation and control solutions using REXYGEN.