0302-10 Send SMS via Twilio
Example Projects > 0302 IoT Integrations > 0302-10 Send SMS via Twilio
Send SMS via Twilio example
The source files located in this folder illustrate how to send SMS via Twilio service.
Timing of the project
The algorithm runs each 500 milliseconds (0.5 s). See the EXEC function block,
tick x ntick0 = 0.1 x 5 = 0.5 s
- REXYGEN Runtime Core must be installed and running on the target device.
- Registration (free) at https://www.twilio.com/ in order to get unique Account SID and Auth token.
Running the example
- The *exec.mdl file is the project main file.
- Open it with REXYGEN Studio.
- Specify your unique Twilio Account SID into CNS_accountSID:scv.
- Fill in user(Twilio Account SID) and password (Twilio Auth token) parameters in HTTP2 function block.
- Change "To" and "From" phone numbers in CNS_to and CNS_from. The one provided in example are test phone numbers. These phone numbers should be in E.164 format and URL encoded (e.g.: https://www.urlencoder.org/)
- Compile and download it to the target device.
- Change MP_sendSMS:BSTATE to ON and check the displays in project.
- Press F1 for help on the selected function block in the REXYGEN Studio.
- Twilio SMS documentation
- REXYGEN Studio User Guide
- Complete documentation of REXYGEN
- Visit the REXYGEN webpage for more information about the example projects and developing advanced automation and control solutions using REXYGEN.