0202-12 RDC Data Exchange
Example Projects > 0202 Function Blocks ADVANCED > 0202-12 RDC Data Exchange
Data exchange via the RDC function block
This folder contains the source files for the demonstration project on data exchange between two target devices of REXYGEN. The example is based on the RDC function block (Remote Data Connection), which requires a licence for advanced function blocks.
Station 1 is sending a sine wave (RDC_S1:u0), which is received by Station 2 (RDC_S2:y0). The incoming data is looped back without any modification (RDC_S2:u2) and also with an offset (RDC_S2:u10). The loopback data is then received by station 1 (RDC_S1:y2 and RDC_S1:y10).
The data exchange is set to 1 second (see the period parameter of the RDC block).
The signals are recorded in the TRND block which allows displaying of the trends (graphs) in the Watch mode of REXYGEN Studio or in the REXYGEN Diagnostics diagnostic tool.
Timing of the project
The algorithm runs each 100 milliseconds (0.1 s). See the EXEC function block,
tick x ntick0 = 0.01 x 10 = 0.1
- REXYGEN Runtime Core and AdvBlk modules must be installed and running on the target device.
- A valid licence for advanced function blocks is required.
Running the example
- The *exec.mdl files are the project main files.
- Open them with REXYGEN Studio, compile and download them to the target devices.
- Open trend diagnostic window for the block TRND in task for station 1.
- Observe the transmitted data.
- Change parameters of SG_SINE block in Station 1 or CNR block in Station2 and observe the data again.
- Press F1 for help on the selected function block in the REXYGEN Studio.
- RDC function block documentation
- Function blocks of REXYGEN
- REXYGEN Studio User Guide
- Complete documentation of REXYGEN
- Visit the REXYGEN webpage for more information about the example projects and developing advanced automation and control solutions using REXYGEN.