0201-22 PIDU Simple PID Controller
Example Projects > 0201 Function Blocks STANDARD > 0201-22 PIDU Simple PID Controller
PIDU - Simple PID Controller
The source files illustrating the use of a simple PID controller in the REXYGEN Control System are located in this folder.
The PIDU function block allows bumpless switching of manual and automatic modes. Toggle the CNB_MAN constant to switch the mode. Change the CNR_sp constant in automatic mode or the CNR_hv constant in manual mode and observe the controller action (mv) and the process reaction (pv).
The controlled system is simulated by the MDL_PROCESS function block. Replace it with I/O flags for real-world applications.
The signals are recorded in the TRND block which allows displaying of the trends (graphs) in the Watch mode of REXYGEN Studio or in the REXYGEN Diagnostics diagnostic tool.
Timing of the project
The algorithm runs each 100 milliseconds (0.1 s). See the EXEC function block,
tick x ntick0 = 0.05 x 2 = 0.1
- REXYGEN Runtime Core must be installed and running on the target device.
Running the example
- The *exec.mdl file is the project main file.
- Open it with REXYGEN Studio, compile and download it to the target device.
- Switch to Watch mode and observe the algorithm.
- Open trend diagnostic window for the block TRND_PIDU.
- Change the set-point (CNR_sp) in automathic or hand-value (CNR_hv) in manual mode to 3.
- Observe the controller action (PIDU:mv) and the process reaction (MDL_PROCESS:y) in trend.
User interface (HMI)
The example is accompanied by a HTML5-based user interface built on the WebBuDi framework (Web Buttons and Displays). There is also a WebWatch HMI generated directly from REXYGEN Studio.
- Press F1 for help on the selected function block in the REXYGEN Studio.
- PIDU function block documentation
- REXYGEN HMI User Guide
- Function blocks of REXYGEN
- REXYGEN Studio User Guide
- Complete documentation of REXYGEN
- See examples 0303-xx for advanced PID control schemes.
- See example 0204-10 demonstrating a PID controller with autotuning function.
- Visit the REXYGEN webpage for more information about the example projects and developing advanced automation and control solutions using REXYGEN.